Baku IdeaLab is looking for a part-time Development Assistant.
Baku IdeaLab is an innovative lab. It was launched in 2018. The main goals of Baku IdeaLab are:
- To create a better environment for youth-led initiatives which have a strong social impact component
- To support early-stage civic initiatives and social enterprises to move ahead by providing training, tools, and support to the most promising Baku-based initiatives.
- To build the long term capacity of young civic leaders.
- To promote a better understanding of how to build social enterprise and create social impact.
- To provide a vital space for public debate for socially-minded young Azerbaijanis.
The Lab does so by strengthening the capacity of existing initiatives and supporting the establishment of new ones, by i) supporting to strengthen the capacity and development of existing initiatives and support the development of new initiatives for positive social impact; ii) developing and implementing different programs to bring positive change to the society in our main directions; iii) building a broader community of young, talented, and socially conscious Bakuvians and connect people, projects, and ideas for greater public good
Under the guidance and supervision of the Development Manager, the Development Assistant will be responsible for the overall development and communication support of BIL (SMM, outreach, design, etc.). The assistant will work in close collaboration with the Programmes and Operations and Events teams of IdeaLab.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communication and outreach
- Help implement communications strategies
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Prepare presentations, designs and distribute them;
- Analyzing market trends and conditions.
- Maintaining relations with partners and clients.
- Assisting and detailing developing strategies.
- Building and maintaining client and partner databases.
- Enhancing overall development initiatives.
- Communication and Outreach skills;
- High level of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency;
- Basic Technical skills to work on WordPress and Adobe Photoshop;
- Analytical skills to analyze the market for drafting development strategy and update the current one;
- Fluency of English and Azerbaijani is required;
- Networking skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Takes initiative and seeks opportunities to initiate action;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues inside BIL as well as its partners and other stakeholders to pursue common goals;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Interest on working youth and social sphere
Working Time: 20 hours per week
Deadline to Apply: 31 August 2019
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your Motivation Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org email with “Development Assistant” subject line